- Feature Links
- Town Committees
The Town of Kennebunk is privileged to have a committed group of volunteers who generously give their time and talents to a variety of committees (boards, committees and commissions). All committees are appointed by the Select Board.
Interested in Joining a Town Committee?
If you would like to join a committee, we ask that you fill out a committee volunteer form. The Select Board will consider all applications.
Please note that not all committees currently have openings; however, vacancies occur on a regular basis.
- Committees List (PDF) (shows all committees, committee members, vacancies, and more)
- Committee Summary (PDF) shows a listing of what each committee is charged with.
Please be aware that the Town Charter has attendance requirements that apply to committees. Failure to attend three regular meetings in a row or 25% of all meetings in a six-month period may result in forfeiture of a position on the committee.
Information for Town of Kennebunk Committee MembersView the Town of Kennebunk Committee Handbook, which contains a set of definitions, references to Town Policies and identifies roles and responsibilities of staff and volunteers. The intent is to help not only foster collaboration in furthering the goals of the various boards and committees, but help all involved have clear expectations of how to function efficiently and transparently.
- Appointment Policy (PDF)
- Committee Correspondence Policy (PDF)
- Remote Meeting & Participation Policy-Select Board (PDF)
- Training Video: Committee and FOAA Training 9/6/23 After viewing this video, committee members should complete the FOAA Training Certificate below and submit it to the Town Clerk's office
- Training: FOAA Training Certificate of Completion (PDF)
- Website Policy on Minutes (PDF)