- Town Committees
- Conservation Commission
The Conservation Commission works to sustain a healthy, livable community by protecting the natural resources of the Town of Kennebunk and by implementing Kennebunk's Open Space Plan. Kennebunk is a beautiful place. Our beaches, coastal marshes, rivers, forests, wetlands and fields each have their unique attraction and ecology that draw us in and keep us rooted here. Time and again, Kennebunk residents have indicated their wish to keep these natural resources for their beauty, their history and their recreational opportunities.
Protecting Natural Resources
In protecting Kennebunk's natural resources, the Conservation Commission concentrates on protecting our streams, rivers, wetlands and coastal waters from contaminants and encroachments. The Conservation Commission works to:
- Reduce pesticide use
- Promote proper septic system maintenance
- Minimize stormwater runoff
- Minimize the effects of development on wetlands, vernal pools and watersheds
Focus on Open Spaces
Kennebunk's Open Space Plan provides a blueprint for ensuring that Kennebunk continues to have open space and wildlife for this and future generations to enjoy. Its goals are to:
- Preserve public spaces for recreation and relaxation
- Preserve the interdependent web of Kennebunk's diverse ecosystems
- Ensure wildlife has open corridors for movement
- Promote the preservation of contiguous lands
- Protect visual and scenic areas and corridors
View the Mission Statement and Goals (PDF) of the Conservation Commission.
The Conservation Commission generally meets on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. on the 3rd floor of Town Hall. All meetings are posted in Town Hall and on the Meeting Calendar.
|Grace Cain||Vice Chair||2023|
|Mark Gillis||Alternate Member||2023|
|Sally Tabor||Alternate Member||2023|
|Shiloh Schulte||Select Board Liaison|
- Want to keep up with this committee? Sign up to be notified when meetings are announced, minutes are posted or events are being held.
Join a Committee
Do you want to volunteer for the Town and serve on a board or committee? Complete an application online or submit your paper application (PDF) to the Town Manager's office.
View a listing of all committees
Kennebunk Town Hall, Second Floor
1 Summer St.
Kennebunk, ME 04043
Phone (207) 985-2102 ext. 1303Fax (207) 985-4609
Lisa GueretteAdministrative AssistantPhone: (207) 985-2102 ext. 1303