Real Estate & Personal Property Taxes
Did you sell your house but still received a tax bill from us?
The bill was mailed to you because you were the owner of the property as of April 1 of the current year. Please forward the tax bill to the new owners for payment.
The 2024 real estate & personal property tax bills will be mailed to the address on file with the Assessor’s Office.
- Fiscal year 2024 interest rate is 8%
- Town Mil Rate is $16.05 per $1,000 of taxable valuation
- 79% Assessment Ratio
- Homestead Exemption is $19,800 - you can file this exemption request with the Assessor's Office.
General Information about Taxes in Kennebunk
- Taxes are due semi-annually (October 13, 2023 and April 12, 2024).
- The Town of Kennebunk’s fiscal year runs from July 1st through June 30th
- Tax bills are assessed to the owner of the property as of April 1st each year
- Interest accrues immediately after each due date. Please call the Tax Collector’s Office for the most current payment information (207) 985-2102 x 1606.
- Tax bills are mailed to the taxpayers at the address the taxpayer registered with the Assessor’s Office. For taxpayers that have taxes in escrow, it is their responsibility to forward this information to their mortgage company. Taxpayers should retain a copy for their records.
- Water and Sewer are separate entities from the Town. You can reach the Kennebunk Water Department at 207-985-3385 and the Kennebunk Sewer Department at 207-985-4741.