In addition to the resources staff can offer, the following community resources are available to support businesses:
- Biddeford-Saco Area Economic Development Corp. assists with gap financing for projects that require cash, fixed asset financing, start-up and working capital and real estate acquisition and development. Phone: 207-282-1748
- Greater Portland Council of Governments: Provides business financing in the Kennebunk area. Phone: 207-774-9891
- Kennebunk-Kennebunkport-Arundel Chamber of CommercePhone: 207-967-0857
- Maine & Company: Provides free and confidential site selection assistance to out-of-state companies considering Maine as a business location. Phone: 207-871-0234
- Maine Department of Economic and Community Development, Office of Business Development: The Office of Business Development is available to help Maine businesses get started, grow, and tackle everyday challenges. They offer resources on capital investments, workforce questions, marketing assistance, and everything in between. Contact the office for further information at (207) 624-9847 or via email.
- Maine International Trade Center: Provides international trade assistance. Phone: 207- 541-7400
- Maine Small Business Development Center – Phone: 207-780-4420
- SCORE Southern Maine - Free small business counseling in Portland and the Kennebunks. Workshops on subjects ranging from Website Development to Writing a Business Plan scheduled on a regular basis. Phone: 207-536-1143
- Southern Maine Planning and Development Commission: The SMPDC houses the Maine SBDC and the Business Resource Information Center (BRIC). The BRIC provides information, reference material and computer service, including high speed Internet access, for those looking to start up new businesses. In addition, they provide technical assistance on State and federal grant programs.
- US Small Business Administration: Provides financing and services to small businesses. Phone: 207-622-8551