Special Events & Traffic Control

Special Events

Persons requesting to hold a "Special Event" in the Town of Kennebunk must complete a Special Event Application and submit it to the Parks and Recreation Department at least 60 days prior to the requested event date. The Parks and Recreation Department is located on the third floor of Town Hall. The Town requires a minimum of 10 business days to process the application.

For purposes of this application, a special event shall be defined as any activity occurring on public or private property that will affect the standard and ordinary use of town-owned property, public streets, right-of-ways or sidewalks, and/or any activity which requires additional levels of town services. This includes, but is not limited to:

  • Auctions
  • Bike-a-thons
  • Carnivals
  • Dances
  • Exhibitions
  • Fairs
  • Festivals
  • Foot races / walks
  • Markets
  • Motion picture filming
  • Parades
  • Sporting events

Special events do not include regular park activities, school sponsored functions held on school property, or regular work being performed by town agencies.

Please Note

The Special Event Application should be submitted to the Parks & Recreation Department located on the third floor of Town Hall.

If you will require Traffic Control at your event, please submit the Detail Request Form after the Special Event Application has been approved.

Traffic Control and Other Details

Persons requiring police services outside the scope of "Special Events" mentioned above should use the Detail Request Form. Examples of police details include traffic control for construction or tree-trimming, security stand-by for property removal and collection, and vehicle escorts. Detail Request Forms should be returned to the Kennebunk Police Department at least five days prior to the requested date of service. 

Detail rates are currently $94.00/hr. without a police cruiser and $99.00/hr. with a police cruiser, but are subject to change.