What R-Values should I insulate to?
  • Ceiling: R-49
  • Exterior Wall: R-20+5 or 13+10 (2015 IECC) with a continuous barrier surrounding the structure.
  • Floor over basement/crawl space: R-30
  • Basement Wall: R-15 / R-19

Please contact the Code Enforcement Office with further questions on energy requirements. 

Show All Answers

1. When is a Building Permit required?
2. What codes are in effect in the Town of Kennebunk?
3. How long is a permit valid?
4. Do I need a permit to put a shed on my property?
5. Do I need a permit for replacement windows and doors?
6. When is a handrail required?
7. What size does a bedroom egress window have to be?
8. What are the stair riser and tread requirements?
9. When is a guardrail required?
10. How much frost protection should I have?
11. What R-Values should I insulate to?
12. What are the ventilation requirements for a crawl space?
13. When is safety glazing required?