Our Next Election: Gubernatorial & Town Referendum Election
When: November 8, 2022
Time: 6:00AM - 8:00PM
Where: Edward C. Winston Town Hall Auditorium; 1 Summer Street, Kennebunk
Our voter guide is not yet ready. It will be available online or in print at our office at a later date.
We always encourage absentee/early voting. Absentee ballots will be available the week of October 10th for the November 8, 2022 election. Please call or check the website for availability. You can request a ballot/vote early in one of the following ways:
- Complete an online request form here. Your ballots for the November 8, 2022 will be mailed to you.
- Call 207-604-1326 and request ballots be sent to your mailing address
- Come in to the Town Clerk’s Office and take ballots home to all in your household
- Come in to the Town Clerk’s Office and vote in person once absentee ballots are available
The benefits of voting with an Absentee Ballot include:
- Easy - Safe - Secure
- No lines - No waiting - No parking hassle
- Vote from the comfort of your home
- Take your time to educate yourself prior to voting
What Ballots will I receive?
The following Ballots will be in your packet:
- State Candidate Ballot
- Local Candidate Ballot (Charter Commission)
- Local Referendum Ballot
Additional Hours for Registering to Vote and Voting Absentee
In addition to regular office hours Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, the Town Clerk’s Office will also be open for Early Absentee Voting on:
- Saturday October 29, 2022 from 9:00am – 2:00pm
- Sunday October 30, 2022 from 9:00am – 2:00pm
- Thursday November 3, 2022 until 7:30pm
Absentee Ballot Drop Box
The Absentee Ballot Drop Box will be available starting the week of October 10, 2022. This is a secure 24/7 opportunity to submit your ballot and requires no postage.
Charter Commission Candidates
Voters will have an opportunity to approve the creation of a Charter Commission at the November 8, 2022 election. If approved, the six nominated candidates with the most votes will be on the Commission. The Select Board has the authority to appoint three residents to the Commission once it is approved by the voters.
The Charter Commission will review the current Charter and discuss possible changes. Those changes will be brought to the voters for adoption. More information is available by calling the Town Clerk at 604-1326.
The following candidates for a Charter Commission will appear on the November 8, 2022 ballot:
- Christopher W. Babbidge
- Christian L. Babcock
- Susan A. Bloomfield
- John M. Costin
- Brenda S. Robinson
- Stephen M. Sayers
- Edward S. Trainer