- Town Clerk
- Election and Town Meeting Information
Our Next Election: Annual Town Meeting/Municipal Referendum/RSU 21 Budget Validation
When: June 13, 2023
Time: 6:00AM – 8:00PM
Where: Edward C. Winston Town Hall Auditorium; 1 Summer Street, Kennebunk
Election TimeLine Information (PDF)
Our voter guide is not yet ready. It will be available online or in print at our office at a later date.
Nomination papers for the June 13, 2023 election are now available at the Town Clerk's Office.
Candidates must get at least 25 and not more than 100 signatures from Kennebunk registered voters. Papers must be returned to the Town Clerk's Office by 4:30pm on Friday April 14, 2023. The municipal election takes place on June 13, 2023, and election results take effect July 1, 2023.
For more information please call Town Clerk, Merton Brown, at 604-1326.
Seats up for election are listed below:
- 2 Select Board Members - 3 year term
- 2 RSU 21 School Board Directors - 3 year term
- 1 Kennebunk Light & Power Trustee - 5 year term
- 1 Kennebunk, Kennebunkport, Wells Water District Trustee - 3 year term
- 1 Kennebunk Sewer District Trustee - 3 year term
We always encourage absentee/early voting. Absentee ballots will be available starting the week of May 15th through June 8, 2023 for the June 13, 2023 election. You can request a ballot/vote early in one of the following ways:
- Complete an online request(PDF) and return it via email, fax or mail. Your ballots for the election date election will be mailed to you.
- Call 207-604-1326 and request be sent to your mailing address.
- Come in to the Town Clerk’s Office and take ballots home to all in your household.
- Come in to the Town Clerk’s Office and vote in person once absentee ballots are available.
The benefits of voting with an Absentee Ballot include:
- Easy – Safe – Secure
- No traffic – No lines – No waiting – No parking hassle
- Vote from the comfort of your home
- Take your time to educate yourself prior to voting
What Ballots Will I Receive?
The following Ballots will be in your packet:
- Local Candidate Ballot
- Local Annual Town Meeting Referendum Ballot
- RSU 21 School Budget Validation Ballot
Additional Hours for Registering to Vote and Voting Absentee
In addition to regular office hours Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, the Town Clerk’s Office will also be open for Early Absentee Voting on:
- Saturday June 3rd, 2023 from 10am - 1pm
- Sunday June 4th, 2023 from 10am – 1pm
- Thursday June 8th, 2023 until 7:30pm
Absentee Ballot Drop Box
The Absentee Ballot Drop Box will be available starting the week of May 15th. This is a secure 24-7 opportunity to submit your ballot and requires no postage.