Our Next Election: March 5, 2024 Presidential Preference Primary & Special Town Meeting Secret Ballot Referendum Election
When: March 5, 2024
Time: 6:00AM – 8:00PM
Where: Edward C. Winston Town Hall Auditorium; 1 Summer Street, Kennebunk
Our voter guide is not yet ready. The voter guide includes warrant articles, background information/materials, and sample ballots. It will be available online or in print at our office at a later date.
- If you are an Unenrolled voter, meaning you are registered to vote but are not enrolled in a political party, you will be able to choose any party ballot available.
- If you are already enrolled as a Democrat, Green independent, Libertarian or Republican, the last day to switch parties prior to the election is Tuesday, February 20th.
We always encourage absentee/early voting. Absentee ballots are available the week of February 5th through February 29th without a special circumstance. You can request a ballot/vote early in one of the following ways:
- Complete an online request here(PDF). Your ballots for the March 5th election will be mailed to you.
- Call 207-604-1326 and request be sent to your mailing address.
- Come in to the Town Clerk’s Office once ballots are available and either vote in person or take ballots home to all in your household.
The benefits of voting with an Absentee Ballot include:
- Easy – Safe – Secure
- No traffic – No lines – No waiting – No parking hassle
- Vote from the comfort of your home
- Take your time to educate yourself prior to voting
What Ballots Will I Receive?
The following Ballots will be in your packet:
- Presidential Preference Primary Candidate Ballot: If you are registered as a Democrat or Republican you will receive that corresponding Candidate Party Ballot. If you are Unenrolled, you may choose any party ballot.
- Local Referendum Ballot
Additional Hours for Registering to Vote and Voting Absentee
In addition to regular office hours Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, the Town Clerk’s Office will also be open for Early Absentee Voting on:
- Saturday February 24, 2024 from 10am – 1pm
- Sunday February 25, 2024 from 10am – 1pm
- Thursday February 29, 2024 until 7:30pm
Absentee Ballot Drop Box
The Absentee Ballot Drop Box will be available the week of February 5th. This is a secure 24-7 opportunity to submit your ballot and requires no postage.