- COVID-19/Coronavirus Information
- What Can I Do To Help or If I Need Help
What Can I Do To Help or If I Need Help
In these difficult and unusual times, we need to work together and ask for and offer help where we can.
- Check in with elderly neighbors, or those with underlying health conditions. Offer to shop or run errands to keep them "home and healthy." Drop deliveries at the door and maintain a reasonable distance as you do so.
- Offer assistance to Community Outreach Services (COS). COS is a local non-profit organization taking the lead in coordinating efforts to serve our must vulnerable population. They are working with the 3 Towns (Kennebunk, Kennebunkport and Arundel), the schools and community partners to provide food, basic supplies and financial assistance to those in need. Financial donations can be mailed to: Community Outreach Services, P.O. Box 1175, Kennebunk, ME 04043. Follow their Facebook page for updates about specific ways you may be able to volunteer and support their efforts.
- Citizens are encouraged to practice recommended hand washing and hygiene protocols and "social distancing." Wash your hands for 20 seconds, cover your cough or sneeze with your arm or using a tissue and then dispose of the tissue. Stay home as much as possible, especially when you are sick, avoid large gatherings, and maintain physical distance (at least 6') from others in public.
- We encourage all members of our community to seek information from reliable sources such as the US CDC and Maine CDC. If you think you have symptoms of COVID-19, or have been exposed to COVID-19, please contact your healthcare provider.
- Have patience and reach out if you are in need of support. Call your family, your friends, reach out via email, contact your Town offices, or call 211 Maine. This a free, confidential information and referral service that connects people of all ages across Maine to local services. Stay connected to the Town to receive notice of updates and changes. There is new information to assess daily and Town staff will be continually assessing how we can best assist our community while still protecting the health and safety of our residents and employees.
- We will get through this together. We apologize for any inconveniences you may experience as a result of these measures. We are acting in the interest of protecting the health of our community and appreciate your cooperation and patience. Kennebunk is a close-knit community with many caring individuals looking out for each other. We thank you for being a part of it.
- Contact Us: Please use our Staff Directory to view contact information for Town staff and Departments.